If your goal is to graduate from university, then one very successful route of study is to complete an SQA Advanced Diploma and progress onto a related degree.
The SQA Advanced Diploma is a short cycle Higher Education qualification which enables advanced entry into many undergraduate degree programmes in universities and higher education institutions across the world.
SQA Advanced Diploma are widely recognized around the world as being the equivalent to the first two years of undergraduate study.
Diploma to Degree
Diploma to Degree is a well-established and proven route to progressing directly onto the second or third year of a flexible degree.
Many students have studied in their own country before moving abroad to complete a degree, entering directly into second or third year. This option can be a cost effective route to studying abroad and achieving a degree at an international Higher Education Institution.
The Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) is an international leader in education and qualifications development. We have over 100 years' experience in developing qualifications and qualifications systems, and over 20 years' experience of working internationally in partnership with schools, colleges, universities, employers, training organizations, industry professionals, professional bodies, and governments.
SQA helps individuals realize their potential and achieve their ambitions by providing a wide range of high-quality, internationally recognized qualifications, and associated services.
Based in Glasgow, we are a not-for-profit government-sponsored organization, accountable to the Scottish Government, and sit at the heart of Scotland's world-renowned education system.
Who are SQA Advanced Qualifications for?
They are suitable for a wide range of learners, including:
- School leavers
- Adult returners to education
- Employees who wish to enhance their career prospects
- People who wish to start their own business
An SQA Advanced Qualification is ideal for students who would like to move on to a related undergraduate degree programme at home or overseas, students who would like to study for a degree at an English-speaking university, or students who intend to enter into the workplace.
Where can I study?
We make this journey as smooth as possible. SQA partners with highly regarded international institutions. These Institutions recognise the SQA Advanced Diploma for advanced entry and provide students with a quality learning experience.
Please note: Many more institutions accept the SQA Advanced Diploma for advanced entry to their degree programmes. Entry is always at the discretion of the receiving institution.
- Abertay University
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Birmingham City University
- BPP University
- Cambridge Education Group
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- De Montfort University
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- Heriot-Watt University
- Leeds Beckett University
- Liverpool Hope University
- London South Bank University
- Middlesex University, London
- Northumbria University
- Oxford Brookes University
- Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
- Roehampton University
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Ulster University
- University College Birmingham
- University of Bradford
- University of Brighton
- University of Central Lancashire
- University of Chester
- University of Chichester
- University of Derby
- University of Dundee
- University of Gloucestershire
- University of Greenwich
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Huddersfield
- University of Hull
- University of Lincoln
- University of Manchester
- University of Northampton
- University of Plymouth
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Salford
- University of South Wales
- University of Stirling
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Teesside
- University of the West of England, Bristol
- University of the West of Scotland
- University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- University of Worcester
- Westminster University
- York St John University